Monday, January 19, 2015

#BlessedByThePope

At this point, allow me to be religious. Allow me to proclaim my reawakened faith.

It was an overwhelming experience having Pope Francis in our country. Even though I was not able to see him personally, I feel so blessed that he has visited our land.

During his 5-day visit, I have come to admire the Filipino faith! The strong Filipino faith! And it gives me goosebumps seeing those massive faithful followers of Jesus flocked together in those historic events together with the Pope.

And I couldn't help but burst into tears every time I hear touching words from him, most especially those words during his Homily in Tacloban.

Not only does his message apply to the Yolanda survivors, but to everyone who is suffering. I feel them too.

"He (Jesus) was consecrated as Lord on that throne (cross) and there He experienced all the calamities that we experience... ...And the Lord from the cross is there for you, in everything the same as us. That is why we have a Lord that is capable of crying with us, capable of walking with us. in the most difficult moments of life." - Pope Francis

I would have cried a liter of tears had I been listening there personally to him.

And specifically these scenes...

A Taclobanon cries during Pope Francis's homily in Tacloban, Leyte.
Pope Francis hugs a former street children after asking a heartbreaking question.
...they moved me.

"Bakit po pumapayag ang Diyos na mayroong ganitong nangyayari?" asked the little girl.
"Glyzelle (the little girl) is the only one who has put a question to which there is no answer and she wasn't able to express it in words, only in tears. Why do children suffer so much? When the heart is able to ask itself and cry, then we can understand." Pope answered.

Such a heartbreaking scene.

I just love Pope Francis's candid smile in this photo!
The Pope may have left already but his words has remained in my heart. Until when? That I do not know. But I'm accepting the implied challenge this big event has left me... and that is to inculcate his Jesus's preaching through Pope into my daily life.

#BlessedByThePope
#PapalVisitPH

Aja!

No comments:

Post a Comment